“There are two kinds of tears. Tears for those who leave you and tears for those you never let go.”
- Gabrielle: So Zeus, in his appreciation, turned the two lovers into oak trees. And then do you know what happened?
- Xena: Somebody built a boat out of them?
- Gabrielle: No, their branches intertwined and they spent the rest of their days in each other's embrace.
- Xena: What's the point?
- Gabrielle: Come on, Xena. I believe everyone will find their tree in the forest someday. Even you.
- Xena: I find the strongest trees in the forest stand alone.
- Gabrielle: You don't have to be strong all the time, Xena. Sometimes it's good for the soul to be soft.
- - Gabrielle and Xena in "Chariots of War"
Xena, I’ll always love you.
- Gabrielle: She’s gone. She just left me. How could she do that? She just left. I really wanna hate her for it.
- Iolaus: No. No you don’t.
- Gabrielle: But, I miss her. There’s so many things that I wish I could tell her. Why didn’t I when I had the chance?
- Iolaus: We always think we have plenty of time. We know people are gonna leave us, but we never face up to it. What would you have told her?
- Gabrielle: I would have told her how empty my life was before she came, and all the lessons I learned. And that I love her.
I wish I had’a read your scrolls, just once.
You would’ve liked them.